Sunday, June 7, 2009

A good time was had by all

So the beer-tasting/ribs fest is history. Jakob and Lizzy came along with Ben and Joey, and it was challenging to find ways to entertain the kids while the adults drank beer. But we soldiered on.

Ben brought Killian's Red and Modelo, Joey brought Guinness and Red Stripe, and I had New Castle and Grolsch. I was hoping to get the boys' opinions on their favorites, but neither cast an official vote. I voted, however; I thought the decided winner was Modelo (a Mexican beer, I'm told). Of the beers the boys brought, I had tried only the Killian's and Guinness previously.

The ribs were great! To the grandkids, they were "special chicken" (eyeroll). Lizzy did take several bites, and Jake one or two. They were more interested in finding other things to do.

Poppy Joe is going to have to store a few toys at his place for future visits ...

2 comments:

JJ56 said...

I like Newcastle a lot. Of the others, don't think I've tried most of them.

KellyAnne_K said...

i haven't ever tried the modelo? (sp) but i love red stripe it is so delicious, joey turned me on to it a few years ago. i'm glad that you all had fun we'll have to do it again when i am capable of tasting as well! love you!